<< Return to MFDA Career Opportunities
The Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada is the self-regulatory organization for mutual fund dealers in Canada. The MFDA is committed to promoting a culture of compliance that protects the investing public through responsible regulation, collaboration and staff excellence.
Controller (Toronto Office)
As a controller, you will be responsible for directing, planning and organizing internal controls, and evaluating business and financial activities of the MFDA in accordance with established policies and procedures. You will also direct and have supervisory responsibility for maintaining the MFDA’s Financial management, budgetary and accounting systems, including overseeing payroll.
Your job duties include, but would not be limited to:
- Overseeing the accounting department and payroll to ensure accurate records are maintained, and that accounts payable runs smoothly and in accordance with the MFDA’s internal controls
- Maintaining responsibility for effective financial and accounting management including developing, directing, coordinating and administering all systems, reporting methods and banking relationships
- Facilitating year end audit process and the annual fiscal year end Audit
- Reporting financial results on a monthly basis
- Communicating and reporting of financial matters pertaining to the MFDA both internally with senior management, line managers, and externally with auditors, Audit and Finance Committee, and banks
- Establishing and maintaining internal controls and accounting processes
- Monitoring, projecting and communicating cash flow requirements
- Managing employees in the accounting department
- Overseeing Pension Plan administration
- Overseeing the investment of fund balances
The applicant must possess:
- A professional Accounting Designation (CA, CMA, CGA)
- Experience in Not-For-Profit accounting, standards, and fund accounting
- Strong management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, especially in excel and accounting systems such as ACCPAC and ADP Pay Specialist
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as a Controller
- Experience in both capital and operating budgeting processes
- Experience in cost control and cost reduction
- Experience writing MD & A for annual reports
- Experience reporting to Senior Management, Audit Committee and Board of Directors
- Analytical ability to take conceptual ideas and transform them in to financial plans, as well as enable others to interpret the financial data
Please apply to:
Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: (416) 361-6381
All applications will be treated on a confidential basis.
Reasonable Accommodations will be made to those qualified candidates with disabilities upon request.
We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.